Quinton

Share | 

A Challenge

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 am

It's funny. Despite what I've ever said to anyone, no matter how confident I've seemed to have acted, I've always been scared of this place. However, as I stand here, looking out into the woods, I feel like now is the time to conquer my fears. I prepare myself, everything being equipped properly around my body, readying myself for one of the greatest challenges I'll ever face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:57 am

Althaia walked up behind Luca as she spotted him, nudging him gently. "Gonna go out there alone, huh?" She smiled at him before looking out at the woods. They were a nice place to go out hunting monsters. It was the closest thing to real fighting experience she had. "You seem nervous. Want me to come with you?" Chuckling, she stuck her tongue out at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:16 am

I smile lightly as I see Althaia walk behind me. "I'm no longer the child you saw at the beach." I explain, turning to you, "I'm the son of Athena." With this, I look into Althaia's eyes. Just seeing her brings back memories, although I still wish to mature from those times. "I can't help but admit I'm afraid. However, I heard a voice two voices one day. One was you, who pushed me to unleashing my feelings. The other was Athena, who pushed me to overcome my fears, and challenge myself, here at the North Woods."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:26 am

Althaia smiled slightly as she listened to him. "Oh, you heard my voice? How sweet." She laughed and then shook her head. "But, being serious now, want me to come with?" She stared at him curiously and then shrugged. It was never a bad idea to have someone else with you, at least, out in the woods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 am

I raise a brow as Althaia laughs softly. "Sweet, huh?" I chuckle, looking to Althaia again as I invite her with my hand. "It'd be your loss if you didn't." I respond jokingly to Althaia's question, winking at her. I reach my hand out further to her. "Come." I stare at Althaia more happily, not saying a word after this, only to await her reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:27 am

Althaia rolled her eyes a little, glancing at his hand as she reached out to take it. This almost felt like.. Some kind of date. If you could count going into monster-infested woods as a date. Maybe that did count, for demigods. But I don't like him that way.. Shaking her head, she sighed. "Well, lead the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 am

I raise a brow at you again and glance at your hand as you take mine. [b]"I hope you realize that I didn't do this for that purpose, and that you're free to let go." I laugh softly, worried about Althaia as she still seems affected about the whole beach incident, while [i]I[/ i] stand here, unaffected. I hear you telling me to lead the way as I bring us into what seems to be a completely covered and shaded part of the woods. "We'll rest here." I state softly as I bring us to this area. As we approach this area, I hear nothing, looking around to see if even the smallest creature comes for us. I see nothing, and so I await a response from Althaia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:40 am

Althaia just shrugged and went with him as he led the way into the woods. She nodded as he mentioned something about resting and drew her bow, looking around, not saying anything. It was better to have it ready in case some creature found them. "So, what now then?" She shrugged and glanced at him, running her fingers over the bow. Thinking again. About her mother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 am

I become startled as while Althaia asks me her question, I cover her, hugging her tightly. Behind me, I take a glimpse as I see a tree nearby airborne, flying out of sight. "Stay here..." I whisper to Althaia as I turn out of the area quickly, only to notice some ugly beast wandering by. I take out my long bow and an arrow from my quiver, swiftly shooting it at the monster as I nail him in between the eyes. His fall has the ground rumble a bit as I blush to Althaia, relieved. I begin to inhale and exhale softly as I talk. "I'll...take...the side I just turned into...while you...you... You take the reverse...okay?" I mutter to her, once again awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 am

Althaia stared at him curious and nodded, loading an arrow. "Sure, whatever." She glanced around, her eyes only going back to him once. She had been out here on her own often enough to know what she was doing, but she didn't say that. Keeping her arrow ready, she scanned for approaching monsters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 am

"Three monsters coming my way..." I continue whispering, "Run!" I stand my ground, slowly backing up as I can see one pouncing on four feet, the other two being aerial strikers. Just in case, I keep giving the signal to run, even though I remain to fight off the beasts. "Go home, forget this ever happened."I mutter to Althaia quickly before shooting the pouncing ground in the mouth, cutting through its neck. I watch it fall dead, looking up as the aerial strikers seem to hear a noise, but don't look in the right areas to attack. I hear Athena's voice as I watch the aerial strikers, and keep giving Althaia the informative to leave before something dangerous happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:33 am

Althaia couldn't help glaring at him even though he was trying to protect her from any possible danger. She let loose a few arrows toward the monsters. "Me, run? If I go, you're coming with me! If we leave the woods, they won't follow. Just come on." She stood her ground, stubborn as ever. She would never run while leaving him to any possible danger. She liked to imagine her mother never left anyone behind, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 pm

I feel surprised as I hear the sound of more arrows being launched from a bow. "I'M STAYING!" I shout, glaring at the monsters to come, "This is a test to prove my maturity, not that kid you saw at the beach. I'm going to fight these monsters, and defeat every last one of them." I then sigh, remembering what a good person once told me. "Athena taught me to act selfless towards others, and the last thing I want you to do is get hurt. If we both run, they'll begin chasing us, and we won't know if they attack until it hits us. You start running, and I'll hold them back while we move away." I find the other aerial striker staring at me, responding with another longbow arrow shot to the face, the ending result being its death, of course. "RUN!" I yell at her, noticing more monsters come as I ready myself to fight them off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 pm

"You're retarded." Althaia muttered, shaking her head. "And clearly, you know nothing about me. But, fine. Whatever." Rolling her eyes at him, she turned away. It was stupid to want to do this alone. And she didn't want to listen to him. Glaring silently, she started to run anyway. Not because she was following his orders, but just to get away from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 pm

"Finally..." I whisper, wondering if Althaia's now holding a grudge against me. I can be overboard, after all. I'm like many human beings, despite being the son of an Olympian. I watch the final five monsters appear before me as I quickly grab three tomahawks, throwing them to pierce the animals settling on the ground; all in between the eyes. As for the three above, I take my three strongest arrows, shooting them as they all pierce the monsters in the heart. Having done my job now, I recollect my items from the dead, noticing that I'm now alone. I sigh. "Guess you'll be my only friend...Athena"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 am

Althaia leaned against a tree, sighing as she glanced out at the woods again. Whatever.. Why should I care. She shook her head and started to walk away, placing her bow back again slowly. Maybe that was the reason she wasn't even interested in guys. She called out to her Pegasus and smiled slightly as Tartarus showed up. "You're the only male I can count on, hm?" She climbed on his back with a small sigh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 am

I still stand in the woods, where Althaia and I once stood together. After a bit of time passes, I feel as though I have made a mistake, and so I call out to my Pegasus, Kirin. She and I begin dashing rapidly to where I once saw Althaia head. As sights remain clear, I find her quite easily. I feel ashamed and disappointed in myself while seeing her face, everything positive fading from my face. "I'm sorry..." I apologize to her, speechless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 am

Althaia glared at him for a moment or two as he apologized and then sighed, making Tartarus turn away from him. "Like I said before, whatever." Her Pegasus gave Luca a look as he sensed that Althaia was upset. I need to get out of this camp.. She sighed and shook her head gently, running her fingers through Tartarus' mane as she sat there, silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 am

"No, it's not 'whatever'!" I shout. I become furious, a tear dropping from my right eye in anger. "I am struggling...Althaia..." I explain, "No matter how much I wanna avoid being that psychopath at the beach, or lame kid at the orphanage, I struggle to see myself anew; in this new, matured state." I look down, smiling to my Pegasus. "You understand, right, Kirin?" I watch Kirin make its sound of approval. However, I still sit here, silent as I question if I should even be here right now, fortunate as I am to be the son of Athena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 am

"I'm just not fond of you bossing me around." Althaia shrugged, not looking at him. Tartarus began to spread his wings, as if getting bored with this conversation. But even if she was mad, she wasn't rude enough to just walk away from Luca. She glanced at the ground, shrugging a little as she had nothing else to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 am

"You're right..." I sigh, "I was trying to protect you, and got out of hand. I was scared, and I'm sorry." I look down on myself as I notice Kirin trying to cheer me up. I clean off my used arrows, polishing them and returning them to the quiver. I look over to Althaia as I sigh again in disappointment. "You're free to leave now." I state softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:28 am

"You were scared, so you sent me away? Don't worry about me, I've trained my whole life. Been out there more times than I can count." Althaia shrugged slightly and turned toward him slowly. He had just been trying to protect her, but she didn't need it. "I can take care of myself, you know. Everyone here has at least one of their parents. But I didn't. I never knew my father. Grew up here, pretty much alone. So, I think I'm more than capable of looking out for myself." She sighed and looked at the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:16 pm

"Does it hurt to lend a helping hand?" I ask Althaia, "I don't care how strong you are. If I see you hurt, the guilt is all on my back. Despite how strong you think you are, I wanted to protect you. Is that so wrong?" I look over, more disappointed in her than myself now as I look up to the sky. In the sky I see two hands holding each other, my head now turning away as if I didn't see anything. "Even if you think you can look out for yourself, I am always with you...as a friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 pm

"You can't really blame me if I'm used to doing things alone." Althaia sighed and shook her head, not wanting to see the way he was looking at her. Right now, she didn't really care that he'd just been trying to protect her. She was probably being stupid, but maybe right now she just needed to be alone. She just nodded as he said he would be with her. "Well, same to you. So next time, maybe you shouldn't ask me to run away." She couldn't help the small traces of bitterness in her voice, but then she sighed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 pm

As I hear Althaia, I become appalled by her actions, completely turning both me and my Pegasus' attention over. "Companionship is a beautiful thing. Use it wisely." I say to Althaia, giving her a hint of how bitter she's acting to me. Kirin and I scout the area to look for even the smallest of monsters. However, none seem to be in sight as it looks like they were eliminated from the time being. I had to know if some were actually dead or idle, despite how I shot them. Examining the area, I knew that not just eight monsters could exist in the area. Maybe I was just fortunate today. I become outraged as Althaia still acts ungrateful. "YOU LITTLE INGRATE! DOES IT EVEN MATTER TO YOU THAT YOU HAVE SOMEONE ON YOUR SIDE; SOMEONE THAT YOU CAN COUNT ON...OR IS IT ALL JUST ABOUT YOU?!" My attention is completely redirected to her as I shout this, preparing myself to leave. I've never seen such a change in someone before, and it seemed as though the one person I liked just became the one person I hated. "You're better than this..." I mutter, "Talk to me when this better you decides to come back." My eyes are blood-shot now, expecting a great response from the lady...or else...well...it's goodbye...forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge    

Back to top Go down

A Challenge
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next